15 June 2010

My Big Fat Greek Dinner

Last night, our tummies were full from a homemade Greek Dinner. It all started with my mom's dilemma of what to do with the left-over sausages we had in the freezer. Tired of cooking pasta, she decided to make kebabs, then why not the rest of the dips and salads to go with it? So last night became our advanced Happy Father's Day celebration for the three fathers in the house -- my dad (Papi, as the kids call him), my husband and my brother.

We used recipes from Beth Romualdez's Cooking Lessons 2 (a great read!). We all chipped in, making a dish each: my mom made Creamy Feta Cheese Pie, my brother made Hummus (my brother cooks!), and I made Yogurt Sauce for the Souvlaki (grilled meats in skewers). Good times!



Our yummy food!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...